Last year, a high school in Cranston, Rhode Island attracted national attention when it removed a “prayer banner” that had been displayed in the school for 20 years. (This was the text of the terribly dangerous, offensive prayer: “Our Heavenly Father. Grant us each day the desire to do our best. To grow mentally and...
In response to:
When I read the original article a few days ago I got angry at first, then something hit me--stop relying on the education system for these monumental events in the lives of your children. I started homeschooling before any real damage was done to my kids. The public school system is a failure. Teach your kids family values yourselves. The father/daughter dance isn't about the father and the daughter. It is a social gathering where dad's can talk about sports and daughters can talk about cute boys. Dad, take your daughter out to dinner by herself. Open her car door, treat her like the lady she is. Show her how the man she marries is to take care of her. THAT is more important than anything you'll ever get from the school system.
Have you heard about the ACLU’s latest antics? Their most recent victory is so outrageous, so outlandish, and so ridiculous that words actually fail in trying to describe it. Not surprisingly, this legal theater of the absurd is being played out in Rhode Island.
- Video: MNsure renewal process nonexistent Ed Morrissey 10 mins ago
- Pentagon: ‘Years’ of war ahead in Syria and Iraq Noah Rothman 51 mins ago
- Carson: “Likelihood is strong” that I’ll run for President in 2016 Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- TEMS Tuesday: Andrew Malcolm, Sen. James Inhofe, Salena Zito Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Sisi: Egypt backs US strikes on ISIS, will participate in coalition, if … Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Israel shoots down Syrian jet over Golan Heights Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago