Last year, a high school in Cranston, Rhode Island attracted national attention when it removed a “prayer banner” that had been displayed in the school for 20 years. (This was the text of the terribly dangerous, offensive prayer: “Our Heavenly Father. Grant us each day the desire to do our best. To grow mentally and...
In response to:
When I read the original article a few days ago I got angry at first, then something hit me--stop relying on the education system for these monumental events in the lives of your children. I started homeschooling before any real damage was done to my kids. The public school system is a failure. Teach your kids family values yourselves. The father/daughter dance isn't about the father and the daughter. It is a social gathering where dad's can talk about sports and daughters can talk about cute boys. Dad, take your daughter out to dinner by herself. Open her car door, treat her like the lady she is. Show her how the man she marries is to take care of her. THAT is more important than anything you'll ever get from the school system.
Have you heard about the ACLU’s latest antics? Their most recent victory is so outrageous, so outlandish, and so ridiculous that words actually fail in trying to describe it. Not surprisingly, this legal theater of the absurd is being played out in Rhode Island.
- Kerry: Let’s put together a coalition of the willing to defeat ISIS Ed Morrissey 38 mins ago
- Tuesday TEMS: Andrew Malcolm, Stephen Hayes Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Latest ISIS beheading of an American exposes moral bankruptcy of our betters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Parents of fallen SEAL demand Obama resignation Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Breaking: ISIS releases new video of beheading another American journalist Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Politico sounds the alarm: Boehner may still have to listen to tea partiers after midterms Noah Rothman 3 hours ago