Last year, a high school in Cranston, Rhode Island attracted national attention when it removed a “prayer banner” that had been displayed in the school for 20 years. (This was the text of the terribly dangerous, offensive prayer: “Our Heavenly Father. Grant us each day the desire to do our best. To grow mentally and...
In response to:
When I read the original article a few days ago I got angry at first, then something hit me--stop relying on the education system for these monumental events in the lives of your children. I started homeschooling before any real damage was done to my kids. The public school system is a failure. Teach your kids family values yourselves. The father/daughter dance isn't about the father and the daughter. It is a social gathering where dad's can talk about sports and daughters can talk about cute boys. Dad, take your daughter out to dinner by herself. Open her car door, treat her like the lady she is. Show her how the man she marries is to take care of her. THAT is more important than anything you'll ever get from the school system.
Have you heard about the ACLU’s latest antics? Their most recent victory is so outrageous, so outlandish, and so ridiculous that words actually fail in trying to describe it. Not surprisingly, this legal theater of the absurd is being played out in Rhode Island.
- UN Security Council issues non-binding call for cease fire in Gaza Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- UAW decides to skip election and form union at VW anyway Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Pelosi’s office retreats on Hobby Lobby “ban” claim Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Solar panel company pocketing govt subsidy cash intended for homeowners Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Look how the Export-Import Bank is using your tax money Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 19 hours ago