Perhaps the biggest lie of this election year, and the one likely to be repeated the most often, is that the income of "the rich" is going up, while other people's incomes are going down. If you listen to...
Yes, Dr. Sowell, you make a number of good points, but there is one thing missing from your conclusions about the decline in income for the top "1%" - the John Galt Syndrome. The incentive to earn has been ripped away by this most corrupt administration, and so the natural inclination for achievers and over-achievers is to withdraw until better times are gained.
It was either Adolf Hitler or his propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who said that the people will believe any lie, if it is big enough and told often enough, loud enough. Although the Nazis were defeated in World War II, this part of their philosophy survives triumphantly to this day among politicians, and nowhere more so than during election years.
- Poll: Walker’s lead grows with registered voters…but he trails among likely voters? Guy Benson 29 mins ago
- CBO revises estimate, warns U.S. economic growth will underwhelm in 2014 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- VA customer relations training equates vets angry over care with … Oscar the Grouch Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- ESPN apologizes for reporting on whether Michael Sam is showering with his teammates after practice Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- YouGov poll: Majority thinks it’s unfair to criticize presidents for playing golf Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: “I suddenly remember how good the American people are …” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago