Perhaps the biggest lie of this election year, and the one likely to be repeated the most often, is that the income of "the rich" is going up, while other people's incomes are going down. If you listen to...
Yes, Dr. Sowell, you make a number of good points, but there is one thing missing from your conclusions about the decline in income for the top "1%" - the John Galt Syndrome. The incentive to earn has been ripped away by this most corrupt administration, and so the natural inclination for achievers and over-achievers is to withdraw until better times are gained.
It was either Adolf Hitler or his propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who said that the people will believe any lie, if it is big enough and told often enough, loud enough. Although the Nazis were defeated in World War II, this part of their philosophy survives triumphantly to this day among politicians, and nowhere more so than during election years.
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 28 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago