Perhaps the biggest lie of this election year, and the one likely to be repeated the most often, is that the income of "the rich" is going up, while other people's incomes are going down. If you listen to...
Yes, Dr. Sowell, you make a number of good points, but there is one thing missing from your conclusions about the decline in income for the top "1%" - the John Galt Syndrome. The incentive to earn has been ripped away by this most corrupt administration, and so the natural inclination for achievers and over-achievers is to withdraw until better times are gained.
It was either Adolf Hitler or his propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who said that the people will believe any lie, if it is big enough and told often enough, loud enough. Although the Nazis were defeated in World War II, this part of their philosophy survives triumphantly to this day among politicians, and nowhere more so than during election years.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 17 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago