Perhaps the biggest lie of this election year, and the one likely to be repeated the most often, is that the income of "the rich" is going up, while other people's incomes are going down. If you listen to...
Yes, Dr. Sowell, you make a number of good points, but there is one thing missing from your conclusions about the decline in income for the top "1%" - the John Galt Syndrome. The incentive to earn has been ripped away by this most corrupt administration, and so the natural inclination for achievers and over-achievers is to withdraw until better times are gained.
It was either Adolf Hitler or his propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who said that the people will believe any lie, if it is big enough and told often enough, loud enough. Although the Nazis were defeated in World War II, this part of their philosophy survives triumphantly to this day among politicians, and nowhere more so than during election years.
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Welfare reform is officially on life support in NYC Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Why won’t the White House explain how off-budget ObamaCare money got spent? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Are bans on high capacity magazines constitutional? Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 17 hours ago