Perhaps the biggest lie of this election year, and the one likely to be repeated the most often, is that the income of "the rich" is going up, while other people's incomes are going down. If you listen to...
Yes, Dr. Sowell, you make a number of good points, but there is one thing missing from your conclusions about the decline in income for the top "1%" - the John Galt Syndrome. The incentive to earn has been ripped away by this most corrupt administration, and so the natural inclination for achievers and over-achievers is to withdraw until better times are gained.
It was either Adolf Hitler or his propaganda minister, Joseph Goebbels, who said that the people will believe any lie, if it is big enough and told often enough, loud enough. Although the Nazis were defeated in World War II, this part of their philosophy survives triumphantly to this day among politicians, and nowhere more so than during election years.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Video: Shep vs. Earnest Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- In New York City, a safety regulation makes the streets less safe Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Federal investigators find no connection between Christie and Bridgegate Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Boehner: You know what would help our economy? Immigration reform Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- White House: It’s not combat, but US troops will return fire if they’re shot at… Noah Rothman 7 hours ago