In response to:
If he made a vote in 2006 that he believed and knew was bad for the country, then he is not fit to hold any office. Of course the new leftist explanation is that the Iraq war was off-budget and that made things different.
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Politico, WaPo, ABC: This “no strategy” comment will do serious damage Ed Morrissey 29 mins ago
- How many times does Josh Earnest have to say ‘strategy’ before you forget yesterday? Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- ISIS has shocked America back to its senses Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Surprise coming in MA gubernatorial race? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- America has no strategy, but ISIS does: Biological terrorism Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- More non-existent voter fraud tuns up in Virginia Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago