In response to:
If he made a vote in 2006 that he believed and knew was bad for the country, then he is not fit to hold any office. Of course the new leftist explanation is that the Iraq war was off-budget and that made things different.
"You don't have to be a deficit hawk to be disturbed by the growing gap between revenues and expenses," said Sen. Barack Obama during a Nov. 3, 2005, debate on the Senate floor. At the time, Obama had been a senator for less than a year and the federal budget deficit was in fact shrinking, from $248 billion in fiscal 2006 to $160 billion in fiscal 2007. Still, Obama seemed deeply concerned about the deficit, and he appeared to believe it when he said the only way to close the shortfalls was to force Congress to pay for what it...
- Video: Did Clinton trash Netanyahu … or Arafat and Abbas? Ed Morrissey 20 mins ago
- NBC News: We’re sure ISIS war will help Obama in the midterms, even if Obama isn’t Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: Joint Chiefs chairman concedes U.S. ground troops may see combat in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Study: Nightly network news covered Bush’s crumbling job approval 124 times to this point in year six — versus nine times for Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- An Orwellian War: U.S. routinely calling operations in Iraq what they are not Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How many people are poised to lose 2014 ObamaCare coverage? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago