Why Do Liberals Believe What They Believe? - A similar question can be asked on Huffington Post or Daily KOS "Why Do Conservatives Believe What They Believe? If you think Liberals are closed minded and conservatives are not, or liberals believe things that are factually wrong and this a partisan phenomenon. You are delusional. If we take away liberalism and conservatism and re-frame this discussion as human beings. "Why we believe what we believe" then we will see this in a different light. I recommend the book "Why We Believe What we Believe" by Andrew Neuberg. A neuroscientist and neurologist at UPENN. It is a non-partisan book that looks at how human beings think from a biological perspective. It doesn't matter if you are left or right. We are first human beings and we think and believe the same way. So the criticism of the way liberals think is really the way we all think and believe. The book talks about from an evolutionary perspective, we evolved to be closed minded. We trust our believes more than facts. It is very hard for us to change our mind. Especially when we associate ourselves with people and groups that reaffirm our beliefs it becomes imprinted in our minds and becomes harder to change our minds.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit 18 hours ago
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman 19 hours ago
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey 19 hours ago
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit 20 hours ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey 20 hours ago
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman 21 hours ago