"Inequality ... is rooted in the biological nature of man," said James Fenimore Cooper. Some inequality is biological, but some is by design. Inequality is also intentional. When people of wealth and power influence laws and regulation to maintain their wealth and power, inequality is by design. Low taxes for the rich, anti-union, anti-minimum wage, supply-side economics immediately benefits the wealthy with no proof of trickle down economics, corporate welfare and of course laws that allow for a massive transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class to the top 1%. How? its called debt. Debt is a big business. Fees and interest rates are designed to keep people in perpetual debt. College loans, medical bills, payday loans, bank fees as well as any fee they can get away with. Economists call it "Rents". They get rich by taking wealth rather than creating wealth.
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 37 mins ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- New flier from Georgia Democrats: You must vote in November to … prevent another Ferguson Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The (still) shifting transcripts of the President’s remarks Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago