" real conservative" The problem with the Tea-party is its pure ideological litmus test. An homogeneous ideology with no room for diversity of thought. It has become a religion and believe system. Either you are a real conservative (one of us) or a Rhino. But here is the catch, The tea Party is not conservative. They are delusional and believe they are because they embrace conservative policies. But they do not embrace the heart and soul of conservatism. According to intellectual conservatism as defined by Edmund Burke, Buckley and "The Conservative mind" by Russell Kirk (The bible of conservatism). Conservatism is about preserving the status quo, resting change (accepting change slowly), stability, compromise, pragmatism, preservation of institutions and respect for the Constitution. You are hard pressed to find anything in the Tea-Party movement that comes close to these ideals. There is nothing conservative in shutting the government down to defund Obamacare. The Tea-Party is more accurately defined as a grass-roots angry right-wing populist ("anti-intellectual") reactionary movement. The "establishment" of the Republican party are the "Real conservatives". The Tea-Party is a right-wing movement. The establishment by not funding and supporting Tea-Party candidates are protecting " real conservatism"
- Would-be victim delivering pizza thwarts would-be robbery with her concealed weapon Erika Johnsen 18 minutes ago
- The EPA is charging $75,000/day over a private citizen’s pond, but don’t you worry about their revisions to the Clean Water Act Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Christie jacking up tax on e-cigarettes Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Interview with Al Baldasaro Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- How many people have died from GM ignition-switch defect? Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago