1964 Civil Rights Act, 1965 Voting rights act and 1968 Fair Housing were opposed by conservatives. Goldwater and Reagan opposed these initiatives. It violated conservative principles of small limited government, free markets, property rights and freedom of association. Conservatives are very good at criticizing liberals on racism. But Liberals have proven to be anti-racists. What have the conservatives done to end racism in this country? What historical achievement can conservatives point to that helped end racism and segregation? I do not exactly see blacks lining up to register Republican...
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 20 mins ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 20 hours ago