I dissected Obama's "worst speech yet" back in April (he hasn't topped it since, though he's come close), so why not write the uplifting companion piece? Romney does most of the heavy lifting for me, taking a rhetorical battering ram to the president's insulting and demeaning "you didn't build that" remarks in Virginia over the weekend. The presumptive Republican nominee hit the trail in Irwin, Pennsylvania yesterday afternoon and just unloaded on his opponent, savaging the president's ubiquitous strawmen and mounting a spirited defense of merit, individual accomplishment and American...
“Best speech yet?” Usually, that language is reserved for people who’ve already HAD a good speech or two. LIke “Tom Hanks, in his best performance yet!” Maybe what distinguished today from other days is that his lies were more blatant - an air of desperation around him, as he took Obama’s comments totally out of context and allowed his audience to believe something that just wasn’t true. Maybe “best yet” means “best lies to date.” Today’s right-wing relishes good lies. And that’s too bad.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 10 hours ago
- Video: Meet your 2014 CPAC blogger of the year Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Carney: Why no, Obama does not regret being dismissive of Mitt Romney on Russia Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Brutal: Just one in 10 uninsured who qualify for ObamaCare exchange plans has signed up Allahpundit 13 hours ago