What President Obama has been pushing for, and moving toward, is more insidious: government control of the economy, while leaving ownership in private hands. That way, politicians get to call the shots but, when their bright ideas lead to disaster, they...
Mr Sowell. Your thoughts are on the mark. Mr Obama has pushed the larger corporations in a position of overwhelming power by making it almost impossible for small business to compete. This includes both environmental and administrative requirements. Then he twists the arms of the large corporations to do his bidding. Best examples are the oil companies, auto companies, and health industry. Definitely agree with you. This compairs better to fascism rather than socialism.
It bothers me a little when conservatives call Barack Obama a "socialist." He certainly is an enemy of the free market, and wants politicians and bureaucrats to make the fundamental decisions about the economy. But that does not mean that he wants government ownership of the means of production, which has long been a standard definition of socialism.
- Video: Remy solves “the ISIS crisis” as only he can Allahpundit 10 mins ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest-hosting for Hugh Hewitt! Ed Morrissey 30 mins ago
- AP: CIA given stand-down order in Europe Ed Morrissey 50 mins ago
- Provokatsiya: Russia captures NATO allied Lithuania’s ship in international waters Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Susan Rice: I hope everyone realizes it’s going to take “many months” to train these Syrian rebels Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- The unbearable lightness of Hillary, 2016 Noah Rothman 2 hours ago