In response to:
Speculators absolutely ARE to blame for spiking gas prices. They have infested the futures market to the point that it has decoupled from fundamentals like supply and demand. My answer is to throw a 35% tax on the sale of gas or oil futures by people other that the original producer. I would also consider limiting the market to principals that can actually take delivery of 1,000 barrels of gas or oil. There is no good reason to have a barrel of oil to be sold 38 times on the futures market before it is delivered. The market is overrun with non-principals creating artificial demand for the futures to the point that the market demand is not reflective of the actual demand for the gas or oil.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014