The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported last Tuesday that employers issued 1,316 "mass layoff actions" (affecting 50 workers or more) in September; more than 122,000 workers were affected overall. USA Today financial reporter Matt Krantz wrote that "(m)uch of the recent layoff activity is connected to what's been the slowest period of earnings growth since the third quarter...
well said, that is why I will be their to vote on Nov 6, I can not take another 4 years of this incompentent president, who has repeatedly lied since 2008 and the lies continued. If he is re-elected by useful idiots, and their are a lot of them that are blind and stupid, this country will go stright down to hell. obama is a socialist and he hates America.
In June, a diffident and self-deluded President Obama claimed that "the private sector is doing fine." Last week, the private sector responded: Speak for yourself, buster. Who needs an "October Surprise" when the business headlines are broadcasting the imminent layoff bomb in neon lights?
- Detroit cuts deal with retired first responders on pensions Ed Morrissey 18 minutes ago
- Video: Did we miss the al-Qaeda convention? Ed Morrissey 58 minutes ago
- Bloomberg to spend $50 million to “outmuscle” the NRA Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 11 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago