I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
The house of cards crumbles... and the media doesn't care - they worship the lord and savior... If a Republican had just spent weeks claiming that the Democrats are blocking passage of a bill that is fair and balanced for all the American people .. and then refused to vote on it... the media would crucify them. In this case - we get crickets...
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 44 mins ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Fox poll shows majority of likely voters support ground troops against ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Gray Lady reporter very confused as to why Republicans don’t want the President to be attacked Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago