I've been critical of Republican tactics and messaging this week, so let's give credit where it's due: Moments ago, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell took to the floor and offered an immediate vote on President Obama's fiscal cliff plan, which shocked the Beltway late last week. (In case you're keeping score at home, this was the surreal proposal that induced McConnell to laugh out loud as it was outlined by Treasury Secretary Tim Geithner). Harry Reid quickly objected and shut the whole thing down, labeling the suggestion a "stunt." Think about that. The President of the United States,...
In response to:
The house of cards crumbles... and the media doesn't care - they worship the lord and savior... If a Republican had just spent weeks claiming that the Democrats are blocking passage of a bill that is fair and balanced for all the American people .. and then refused to vote on it... the media would crucify them. In this case - we get crickets...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 14 minutes ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 54 minutes ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago