As Speaker John Boehner said last week, this is a stalemate. Both Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Speaker John Boehner made appearances on Fox News Sunday yesterday with two very different views on how to prevent going over the fiscal cliff on January 1. Geithner said the White House has offered a very detailed plan (even though it has zero spending cuts), while Boehner said fiscal cliff talks are going nowhere, that President Obama wants to "ramrod a deal through," and that Obama has offered a "non-serious proposal."
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- There will be nothing from the president tonight on the beheading of an American journalist Update: Statement tomorrow Mary Katharine Ham 2 hours ago
- Spot the problems with these headlines: NYT edition Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Video: The day John McCain did the robot Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Poll: 82% think it should be illegal to let your nine-year-old play at the park unsupervised Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- “Heads up high”: The Cumberland Little League consolation speech Allahpundit 6 hours ago