As Speaker John Boehner said last week, this is a stalemate. Both Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner and Speaker John Boehner made appearances on Fox News Sunday yesterday with two very different views on how to prevent going over the fiscal cliff on January 1. Geithner said the White House has offered a very detailed plan (even though it has zero spending cuts), while Boehner said fiscal cliff talks are going nowhere, that President Obama wants to "ramrod a deal through," and that Obama has offered a "non-serious proposal."
- Josh Earnest: We’re the most transparent administration ever, no matter what journalists say Ed Morrissey 33 minutes ago
- Paul vs. Perry, Round 2: Rand says Rick is ‘stuck in the past’ Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Israel shoots down Hamas drone as escalation continues Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 13 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 15 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 16 hours ago