My problem with 'environmentalists' isn't that they want to protect the planet -- it's a very admirable goal, and as an avid outdoorswoman myself, you'd be hard-pressed to find someone more interested in preserving America's pristine landscapes than myself. My problem with environmentalists is that they are usually woefully misguided on the best methods of accomplishing that goal. Environmentalists are almost unfailingly liberal urbanites and suburbanites who follow the in-vogue eco-trends as dogma, fancying that the marketing campaigns telling them that carrying a reusable shopping bag does something at all meaningful to help the environment without doing any of their...
In response to:
If we don't manage the forests that's fine, but don't be naive enough to think there aren't consequences. The fire of 1910 is a prime example of what happens when the forest is loaded with dead and downed fuel. Today we would spend 100'ds of millions fighting a fire like that (and I might add that it's money we don't have) and in the end you don't have the resource to even argue about how to use - except for Kingsford and Royal Oak...
- Scott Brown “officially” thinking about running for Senate in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 38 minutes ago
- Malaysia: Flight 370 signals continued for more than seven hours Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Bobby Jindal hits the trail in New Hampshire Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 16 hours ago
- This HHS official’s resignation letter says everything you’ve ever thought about bureaucracy Mary Katharine Ham 16 hours ago
- Venezuelan official: John Kerry is a “murderer” and these protests are pretty much all his fault Erika Johnsen 17 hours ago