Hey California: Meet Wisconsin

SSugarbare Wrote: Jun 10, 2012 12:22 PM
I think we should craft an initiative to reduce the sales tax to 6%. If a county or city wants to raise revenue by adding to the tax rate, they must do so by having the State reduce their revenue proportionally. Then reduce the sales tax rate 1% each year till it's gone and never to be instituted in California again. The Governor and the Legislature know the reductions are coming and can adjust their budgets accordingly. The way to control spending in California is to take it away with brute force. Our credit rating is down and will sink even further when the government can not raise enough taxes to pay the interest on the bonds. The fools will move on and cooler heads and sounder minds will prevail.

Hey California: Meet Wisconsin

SSugarbare Wrote: Jun 10, 2012 12:21 PM

Figures Don't Lie: Democrats Do

SSugarbare Wrote: May 24, 2012 11:15 AM
COOLIDGE?!!? That's preposterous! FD Roosevelt did that!

Obama’s Pro-Growth Illusion

SSugarbare Wrote: May 21, 2012 10:02 AM
All ya have to do is go to DMV and you'll see the difference between public and private. On the busiest day of the year, in a grocery store with 12 check-out stands, all were open and I didn't have to wait more than a half hour. At DMV, on any day the wait is 1.5-2 hour wait. They're pathetic.
Yep. aka, Bare the truck driver.

California’s Train to Nowhere

SSugarbare Wrote: May 20, 2012 5:20 PM
Well, just a minute now. All the red voting districts did not vote for her by a wide margin. All the blue voting districts did by a wide margin. There are far more blue voters than red. The State just redistricted me into a blue district. We have a turd for a representative. (I'm so embarrassed.) Who are the reds and blues? Blues are: coastal SoCal, coastal Bay area, some northern coastal districts and Sacramento area. The rest of us are all red, except me. I'm the one with a paper bag over my head.

California’s Train to Nowhere

SSugarbare Wrote: May 20, 2012 5:18 PM
Yea, it's hard to find Americans to do carpentry, welding, concrete, truck driving, warehousing, machinery operating. They just don't want to do that type of work. We all want office jobs.

California’s Train to Nowhere

SSugarbare Wrote: May 20, 2012 5:05 PM
You forgot all the whistle stops along the way.

California’s Train to Nowhere

SSugarbare Wrote: May 20, 2012 5:01 PM

California’s Train to Nowhere

SSugarbare Wrote: May 20, 2012 4:38 PM
Let's see... calculator, pencil, paper.... here we go. We're 16 billion dollars in debt, that's up from 9.2 billion dollars and it will prob'ly be 20 billion when the final numbers are all tallied up. Now they want to build a hi-speed rail. They say it'll only cost 100 billion dollars, which means that it will be 500 bullion dollars when they're done. OK, give me a minute to cypher this out..... 100X2, carry the 7, + 14 x 503, divide by 19, -6, x14. Ah, here we are. We don't have the money. WHO KNEW?
Yep, it's a once in a life time happening, for sure. I've never had any VP or President come by my house. I once had some kid running for school board come by my house. Yea, he was a real genius when it comes to education. A lot of Ohio labor used to be employed by the auto builders. American autos took a real decline when foreign autos started taking over. Since, Ohio has been up and down with it's economy. They've made some gains since their low but not enough to keep everybody happy. Then Yobozo filled them with hope and promise and that turned out to be a flop. I learned a new word today: hopium. :-) It's time for treatment and do withdrawals.