Author needs to be more clear on the examples of so-called news in the good old days. Because I've watched those Sunday shows for years- and they can be reduced to: 'hi, I'm a politician, you're going to ask me questions, I'm going to answer the way I intended to and those answers will be lies. So... newsguy whatya gonna do about it?' So I watched it for the commentaries. Somebody has to say they lie.
Great minds... Ann C cited the NJ study in her new column too

Green Monster

sruman Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 8:39 AM
"America does still need some bureaucrats... There will be a better way. Government probably won't find it." I can sure win a debate with these talking points. Even a Libertarian like Stossel offers up weak tea. Ought to try a better argument using Van Mises book Bureaucracy.

D.C. Disease and the GOP's "Electeds"

sruman Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 11:31 AM
But before this November election we'll be asked to vote R - when we don't trust them. Like McCain. Or Cantor. etc etc - the purge must continue. It's real simple GOP and spell after me... L-I-M-I-T-E-D government.

Ferguson: The War Comes Home

sruman Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 8:53 AM
my thoughts exactly!

How Our World Fell Apart

sruman Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 7:17 PM
Hadn't had a chance to check back for replies. Did you look at the website? Those were conservatives who said this. To me, his credibility is in question. Without credibility it doesn't matter what he claims. In some circles that would be considered a hack. [your assumption about my being a Dem is not very useful because, no, I haven't beaten my wife]

What Have we Accomplished in Iraq?

sruman Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 9:46 AM
"the propaganda machine began agitating for a US attack on Iraq..." this is his entire dismissal of those he disagrees with & claims one anecdote told in Congress led to our involvement in Iraq - if his son doesn't shed the views of his father, no way he'll be President.

Part One: The Problem With The Right

sruman Wrote: Aug 14, 2014 6:51 PM
What is the problem with Inhofe? Stupid because he called Global Warming a Hoax?
the trick is to let go and never let them know you never can - people who give their lives to raising a family never strike me as one's who believe freedom divorced from responsibility is worth much

More Mouth Than Magic

sruman Wrote: Aug 11, 2014 9:36 AM
If in the future the Repubs can say 'Obama' the way the Dems say 'Hoover' and scare the begeezus out of future voters, our present President will indeed have served us well ['if...' - the Futon]
"Of course, this burden of tax-compliance is conveniently glossed over ignored by our willfully ignorant “conservative” champions who are (in effect) stumping for Harry Reid." I don't see a problem, I just read Derek Hunter and he explained how we have to put aside our petty differences and support these plans. [boy you sure felt stupid till ol' Derek straightened you out - the Futon]