If Only Gary Hart Had Manned Up

sruman Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 11:22 AM
Shout out to my ex, Maxine... she actually took a cruise once on the infamous Monkey Business ... otherwise... Hart is correct, if he'd won, no Iraq and the seas would recede and those we'd have waited for would have arrive ahead of time

The Top Five Feminist Myths of All Time

sruman Wrote: Sep 23, 2014 10:50 AM
First discovered Christina Hoff Sommers on CSpan discussion on T Wolfe's Charlotte Simmons. Bought her books, follow her opinions. When I discovered she was best buds another fave of mine C Paglia, I was delighted. She's the best.

Immigration Is American

sruman Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 6:37 PM
spot on Jose - Even the great Libertarian Milton Friedman stated that open immigration cannot coexist with the welfare state. Exactly. I say more the merrier, legally and without govt. support.

Immigration Is American

sruman Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 11:19 AM
Irish need no apply is a myth. Stossel has it wrong. Check this out: http://www.cracked.com/article_18487_6-ridiculous-history-myths-you-probably-think-are-true_p2.html
3 things an NFL player cannot hit: women children quarterbacks which of the 3 will ruin the game? and as an aside, guess which sport has the most concussions?
Author needs to be more clear on the examples of so-called news in the good old days. Because I've watched those Sunday shows for years- and they can be reduced to: 'hi, I'm a politician, you're going to ask me questions, I'm going to answer the way I intended to and those answers will be lies. So... newsguy whatya gonna do about it?' So I watched it for the commentaries. Somebody has to say they lie.
Great minds... Ann C cited the NJ study in her new column too

Green Monster

sruman Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 8:39 AM
"America does still need some bureaucrats... There will be a better way. Government probably won't find it." I can sure win a debate with these talking points. Even a Libertarian like Stossel offers up weak tea. Ought to try a better argument using Van Mises book Bureaucracy.

D.C. Disease and the GOP's "Electeds"

sruman Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 11:31 AM
But before this November election we'll be asked to vote R - when we don't trust them. Like McCain. Or Cantor. etc etc - the purge must continue. It's real simple GOP and spell after me... L-I-M-I-T-E-D government.

Ferguson: The War Comes Home