Immigration Is American

sruman Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 6:37 PM
spot on Jose - Even the great Libertarian Milton Friedman stated that open immigration cannot coexist with the welfare state. Exactly. I say more the merrier, legally and without govt. support.

Immigration Is American

sruman Wrote: Sep 17, 2014 11:19 AM
Irish need no apply is a myth. Stossel has it wrong. Check this out: http://www.cracked.com/article_18487_6-ridiculous-history-myths-you-probably-think-are-true_p2.html
3 things an NFL player cannot hit: women children quarterbacks which of the 3 will ruin the game? and as an aside, guess which sport has the most concussions?
Author needs to be more clear on the examples of so-called news in the good old days. Because I've watched those Sunday shows for years- and they can be reduced to: 'hi, I'm a politician, you're going to ask me questions, I'm going to answer the way I intended to and those answers will be lies. So... newsguy whatya gonna do about it?' So I watched it for the commentaries. Somebody has to say they lie.
Great minds... Ann C cited the NJ study in her new column too

Green Monster

sruman Wrote: Aug 27, 2014 8:39 AM
"America does still need some bureaucrats... There will be a better way. Government probably won't find it." I can sure win a debate with these talking points. Even a Libertarian like Stossel offers up weak tea. Ought to try a better argument using Van Mises book Bureaucracy.

D.C. Disease and the GOP's "Electeds"

sruman Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 11:31 AM
But before this November election we'll be asked to vote R - when we don't trust them. Like McCain. Or Cantor. etc etc - the purge must continue. It's real simple GOP and spell after me... L-I-M-I-T-E-D government.

Ferguson: The War Comes Home

sruman Wrote: Aug 26, 2014 8:53 AM
my thoughts exactly!

How Our World Fell Apart

sruman Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 7:17 PM
Hadn't had a chance to check back for replies. Did you look at the website? Those were conservatives who said this. To me, his credibility is in question. Without credibility it doesn't matter what he claims. In some circles that would be considered a hack. [your assumption about my being a Dem is not very useful because, no, I haven't beaten my wife]

What Have we Accomplished in Iraq?

sruman Wrote: Aug 19, 2014 9:46 AM
"the propaganda machine began agitating for a US attack on Iraq..." this is his entire dismissal of those he disagrees with & claims one anecdote told in Congress led to our involvement in Iraq - if his son doesn't shed the views of his father, no way he'll be President.