As Guy wrote about already, President Obama is proposing $50 billion in new spending on the backs of America's small business owners, otherwise known as those who make more than $250,000 per year. House Majority Whip Kevin McCarthy is out with a new video today explaining why the "rich" tax hike Obama is proposing will only make a bad situation worse for those who are barely capable of being successful in this economy. "This is Small Business America," profiles S corporation owner Jerry Gorski, who lives just 15 miles away from where Obama will kick off his campaign today...
Exactly - but I'd add that it's a strawman - they're using it so they can paint the Republican party as defenders of the "rich" - they've sold the 50.1% the idea that everything would be great if only the "rich" paid their "fair share". Of course, it's completely cynical, they know increasing taxes will have equal and opposite effects elsewhere in the economy. It's about scoring political points. He thinks he has a winning political issue, and he's going to push it in every possible way. The quickest way to destroy Obama and his policies is to give him exactly what he wants (well, not the erasing the debt ceiling limits - that'd be suicide.) But give him his tax increases - I'd rather 4 years of recession than 40 ...
- The encore ObamaCare victory lap after the not-a-deadline-extension Erika Johnsen 28 minutes ago
- Eric Cantor: Obama and I totally had an angry conversation about immigration yesterday Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- America’s new labor battle: SEIU versus … Media Matters Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Phelim McAleer, Rep. Marsha Blackburn, Collin Raye Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Obama declines to endorse Biden for 2016 Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Slate’s Dickerson: Obama deceptions might be a deliberate attention-diverting strategy Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago