After six years of litigation, I am pleased to report that I have finally won the right to present my case against UNC-Wilmington to a jury of my peers here in North Carolina. My case began in September of 2006 when I was denied promotion to full professor. At the time, I had multiple teaching awards and outstanding reviews from students for my teaching. I had published more peer-reviewed articles than the vast majority of my colleagues. In fact, my department had never denied promotion to full professor to anyone with as many peer reviewed publications as I had accumulated. My...
- Will gun control sink Connecticut’s Democratic governor? Noah Rothman 49 mins ago
- The Democrats have a fee-vah and the only prescription is a new government shutdown Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Should childhood be prisonhood? Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Great news: You’re paying for a 1 year experiment to find out if the universe is a hologram Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Feminists oppose anti-date rape drug technology Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Poroshenko declares new Russian “invasion” as rebels open new front Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago