Thus, students have had to ramp up dissident behavior if they want to be handcuffed and detained. Campus activists have begun to follow Occupy Wall Street's lead and set up tents to create illegal encampments. When campus police have threatened...
The spoiled brats at UC Davis who surrounded the police and made threats as a mob got off lightly. They should have all been at the least expelled and best to have been arrested for civil unrest and rioting. Mob threats and violence has become the norm now a days. Just look at what is happening in Florida. At what is happening with the OWS movement. The rule of law is giving way to the rule of the mob.
You have to really work at it to get arrested at a University of California campus protest. University administrators look at protest as part of the education process -- and they frequently issue memos stating how much they agree with left-wing causes. Administrators don't want campus police to arrest students -- especially students who attend demonstrations against state cuts to higher education.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Video: Nothing to see here: Obama is “Faithfully executing the laws” Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago
- Congressman Bob Goodlattte assures us that there is no impeachment in the offing Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- The border crisis isn’t Obama’s Katrina – it’s worse Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- Uh oh: Moscow claims Ukraine attack inside Russian territory killed civilians Noah Rothman 13 hours ago
- The Lerner Files: “smidgens upon smidgens” of corruption Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago