Yesterday a school shooting was quickly stopped before it escalated further thanks to an armed guard being on campus.
A student opened fire at his middle school Thursday afternoon, wounding a 14-year-old in the neck before an armed officer working at the school was able to get the gun away, police said.
Multiple shots were fired in the courtyard of Price Middle School just south of downtown around 1:50 p.m. and the one boy was hit, Atlanta Police Chief George Turner said. In the aftermath, a teacher received minor cuts, he said.
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NRLC Interview: NH Senate candidate Karen Testerman Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Sunday reflection: Matthew 17:1-9 Ed Morrissey 9 hours ago