the Pope's words and John's reply both ignore the real problem. They pretend that there are only 2 economic systems in modern civilization: Socialism and Capitalist free-markets. The reality is that there is a 3rd system: Corporatism. Socialists see it and mistakenly think it is capitalism. Capitalists see the same Corporatism and mistakenly call it socialism. Until we all explicitly articulate each of the 3 economic systems, we cannot communicate effectively. We mis-understand each other.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- Yep: MSNBC would react quite differently if Tea Partiers threw rocks at them Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Finally: George W. Bush takes the ALS Ice Bucket challenge Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll: Majority approves of airstrikes in Iraq … Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- Report: Two times as many British Muslims fighting for ISIS as with U.K. armed forces Noah Rothman 9 hours ago
- All in: Red-state Democrat Mark Pryor launches rare pro-ObamaCare midterm ad Allahpundit 9 hours ago