After a few weeks spent tracking down and questioning pollsters and the reporters of polls, I can assure the reader that pollsters are the modern-day alchemists. They promise to turn numbers into predictive gold. We'd all like to believe these magical powers exist, but we shouldn't. The pollsters of 2012 just don't know who is going to win in November any more than did the pollsters of 1980 know that Ronald Reagan was headed towards a landslide in that late-breaking year.
It is odd that we never seem to learn, that one's opinion is no more important that other's opinion. Opinions have no value unless backed by true science or verifiable evidence, and your posts are a regurgitation of someone else‘s opinion along with your own; absolutely worthless.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 min ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 4 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago