I never figured out the outcry over having a holiday named after him. I seen his birthday on the calendar and wondered who is he. But when Arizona refused to have the holiday and lost the rights to a super bowl and good teams didn't go to the Fiesta Bowl because of it. Manipulation. King I don't know about his morality if it was like JFK or not. Of course there is reason to enter defensive wars for protection of people from evil dictators like Hitler and Stalin. Affirmative action is a slap in face saying I can't compete without an advantage. If someone has the ability to do job keep law get treatment regardless of color. Not special treatment. For the King day like Veterens and Colombus day what that normally means is that you can't get to the bank or get your mail but many schools are in session and the bulk of jobs keep regular hours. As a matter of fact movie theaters and other businesses that cater to after work hours normally are not open on that day. I don't see the point of the day. I respect many of the things him and some of the civil rights leaders did to ensure equality. Just don't see point of holiday over it.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Of course: 2014 Obama’s position on Ex-Im Bank is the opposite of 2008 Obama’s Mary Katharine Ham 1 hour ago
- Wes Clark: Clinton had an opportunity to go in on the ground to get Bin Laden but it was “a lot of logistics” Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- I guess we need to talk about Joe Biden skinny dipping, huh? Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Obama: This congressional deadlock on immigration means “I’m going to have to act alone” Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- TEMS Friday: Guest hosting the Hugh Hewitt Show Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago