New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
You make several assumptions that reveal your ignorance. First you assume that a school administrator that has taken the responsibility of protecting the children under hir or her charge has no training, nor have they practiced. This is quite a stupid assumption. Second, you assume that the gunman is an expert, forgetting the fact that he has chosen a school specifically for the reason that schools are gun free zones. Imagine his surprise and terror when facing an unexpected armed response. You should be embarrassed, because your complete ignorance makes you a joke.
- Breaking: Obama approves sending 350 more troops back into Baghdad Mary Katharine Ham 48 mins ago
- ESPN poll: 71% support team keeping “Redskins” name — including 53% of liberals Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Brutal Ad: Mary Landrieu’s tireless representation of her true home town Guy Benson 1 hour ago
- Chris Christie thinks Putin wouldn’t test him like he does Obama, and that’s driving liberals nuts Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- U.K. graciously declines to charge parents arrested for trying to save their child’s life Noah Rothman 3 hours ago
- Biden: “It’s time to take back America!” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago