New York City Mayor Michael Bloomberg, who politicized the Sandy Hook tragedy within hours last Friday, just wrapped up a press conference announcing new plans to fight gun violence and to counter the National Rifle Association with his own Super PAC. Bloomberg was asked by a reporter to respond to Rep. Louie Gohmert's comments over the weekend that he wished the principal of the school, who died trying to take down shooter Adam Lanza, had a gun. Bloomberg responded by saying, "There are dumb statements and then there are stupid statements.....I don't know what the gun would have...
In response to:
No he's wrong. Completely wrong. Had there been a sheepdog to kill the wolf that was after the sheep, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
- Quotes of the day Erika Johnsen 31 minutes ago
- Venezuela to US: You should probably come participate in a “peace commission” on all this violence you’ve caused Erika Johnsen 2 hour ago
- The most dangerous wedding photo evah? Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago
- Exit polls show Crimea annexation wins 93% of vote while under Russian occupation Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- NRLC Interview – Joe Scarborough Jazz Shaw 6 hours ago
- And your latest straw poll winner is… Jazz Shaw 8 hours ago