You are quite correct. I'm a software engineer and I'm completely inundated with calls and emails from recruiters with open jobs. Many are even paying "bounties" for referrals to candidates to fill these jobs. I haven't seen job activity like this since the peak of the dot-com days back in 1999-2000. It's especially good if you're willing to work on contract, since a lot of companies are going that route to avoid adding to their Obamacare burdens. It works for me because I buy my own health insurance through my business (I'm a small group of 1). So I can make more money as a contractor and buy what I want for insurance instead of depending on a company to provide it for me.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014