You are quite correct. I'm a software engineer and I'm completely inundated with calls and emails from recruiters with open jobs. Many are even paying "bounties" for referrals to candidates to fill these jobs. I haven't seen job activity like this since the peak of the dot-com days back in 1999-2000. It's especially good if you're willing to work on contract, since a lot of companies are going that route to avoid adding to their Obamacare burdens. It works for me because I buy my own health insurance through my business (I'm a small group of 1). So I can make more money as a contractor and buy what I want for insurance instead of depending on a company to provide it for me.
- American super-patriot to Putin: Russia doesn’t conduct mass surveillance like the U.S. does, right? Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Video: Old recording reveals GOP governor questioned policy, used salty language Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Fox poll: 61% thinks Obama lies on important matters Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Comment registration is now open! Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Video: Alabama widows kicked off of insurance because of ObamaCare Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Putin: Yeah, we had soldiers in Crimea before the plebiscite Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago