You are quite correct. I'm a software engineer and I'm completely inundated with calls and emails from recruiters with open jobs. Many are even paying "bounties" for referrals to candidates to fill these jobs. I haven't seen job activity like this since the peak of the dot-com days back in 1999-2000. It's especially good if you're willing to work on contract, since a lot of companies are going that route to avoid adding to their Obamacare burdens. It works for me because I buy my own health insurance through my business (I'm a small group of 1). So I can make more money as a contractor and buy what I want for insurance instead of depending on a company to provide it for me.
- Will the press find Panetta and Clinton’s pangs of conscience as compelling as Colin Powell’s? Noah Rothman 33 mins ago
- “F*** it, I quit”: Alaska reporter resigns on air after revealing she runs the cannabis club she just reported on Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- What does the Hillary-Alinksy letter reveal? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Reason Magazine actually asked climate protesters what they want to do, and it’s hilarious Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Lerner speaks! (To Politico) Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Panetta: Obama’s bad decisions on Syria and Iraq led to rise of ISIS Noah Rothman 3 hours ago