You are quite correct. I'm a software engineer and I'm completely inundated with calls and emails from recruiters with open jobs. Many are even paying "bounties" for referrals to candidates to fill these jobs. I haven't seen job activity like this since the peak of the dot-com days back in 1999-2000. It's especially good if you're willing to work on contract, since a lot of companies are going that route to avoid adding to their Obamacare burdens. It works for me because I buy my own health insurance through my business (I'm a small group of 1). So I can make more money as a contractor and buy what I want for insurance instead of depending on a company to provide it for me.
Breaking on TOWNHALL
- Grand Jury in Michael Brown shooting under scrutiny following tweets Jazz Shaw 22 mins ago
- Intel and military sources: We could have hit “Khorasan” in June Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Sources: DOJ won’t file civil-rights charges against George Zimmerman for shooting Trayvon Martin Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Panetta memoir blames Obama for collapse in Iraq Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- 80 people being monitored in Dallas area for Ebola; Update: 100? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- White House: No plans to block flights from ebola countries Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago