You are quite correct. I'm a software engineer and I'm completely inundated with calls and emails from recruiters with open jobs. Many are even paying "bounties" for referrals to candidates to fill these jobs. I haven't seen job activity like this since the peak of the dot-com days back in 1999-2000. It's especially good if you're willing to work on contract, since a lot of companies are going that route to avoid adding to their Obamacare burdens. It works for me because I buy my own health insurance through my business (I'm a small group of 1). So I can make more money as a contractor and buy what I want for insurance instead of depending on a company to provide it for me.
- Prager U: What should parents want their children to be? Ed Morrissey 6 minutes ago
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 31 minutes ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 1 hour ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 2 hours ago
- What’s so important about Israel being a “Jewish State,” anyway? Jeff Dunetz 3 hours ago