You see the signs everywhere: "We accept EBT." Fast-food restaurants do. Clothing retailers do. Auto repair shops, liquor stores and even sushi joints are joining the club. "EBT" stands for the federal government's electronic benefits transfer card, which is intended to provide poor people with food stamps and cash...
Last spring, there was a similar scandal here in Mass. They found that EBT money was being spent on booze, drugs, lap dances, cruises, gambling, and bail. Our governor's answer was to spend $100K on a "task force" that didn't even meet until November. He routinely shrugs off calls to investigate fruad, claiming we have no money for it. Yet, somehow there's money to give in-state tuition to illegals and spend $275K to mail voter registration forms to welfare recipients - conveniently before the elections and conveniently due to a lawsuit filed by Fauxcahontas Warren's daughter liberal group - conveniently involving a law firm who has the governor's wife as a partner. It's disgusting. The big problem is that they're allowed to take the money
From New York to New Mexico and across the dependent plains, welfare recipients are getting sauced on the public dime. Drunk, besotted, bombed. But while politicians pay lip service to cutting government waste, fraud and abuse, they're doing very little in practice to stop the EBT party excesses. Where's the compassion for taxpayers?
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Happy (The Remy Tax Day Edition) Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Should Mike Anderson III go free? Mary Katharine Ham 3 hours ago
- Krauthammer: Can we all remember that we have added $7 trillion to the debt in 5 years, please? Erika Johnsen 4 hours ago
- State legislators: Hey, you know what we really need right now? More federal land! Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CBO: ObamaCare premiums and healthcare spending will rise by less than expected, because… Erika Johnsen 6 hours ago