This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
Wow. What century are you living in? Yes, women in general tend to have different natures and ways of doing things than men, but that doesn't mean they're "bucking their nature" when they do something other than have babies and clean the house. Good grief. Being a feminist does not mean someone is a bitter lesbian who hates men. I consider myself to be a feminist only because I don't feel gender is the only thing that defines me. There are some jobs, like heavy physical labor, for which men are biologically more suited. But there are plenty of exceptions. A woman doesn't need a husband or kids to have a happy and fulfilling life. It's no different for men.
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014