This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
As a woman in a male-dominated profession (engineering), I can say that I've only encountered sexism once in my career. In high-tech fields, no one really cares that much about gender, color, religions, etc... The main concern is if you can do the work. I do have to say, though, that I find myself annoyed when discussions of women and careers inevitably bring up children. Not every woman has or even wants to have children. Kids are a separate issue and should not be automatically tied in to every issue relating to women and their work. I can't speak to politics, but I see very little bias against women in most workplaces. Sure, we're still outnumbered by men in many areas, but I blame that more on culture than on outright sexism or ...
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- U.S. to announce ground troops to Poland, says… Polish defense minister Mary Katharine Ham 8 hours ago
- Rand Paul to Harry Reid: Simmer down with the “domestic terrorist” rhetoric about Bundy’s supporters Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 11 hours ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 12 hours ago