This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
As a woman in a male-dominated profession (engineering), I can say that I've only encountered sexism once in my career. In high-tech fields, no one really cares that much about gender, color, religions, etc... The main concern is if you can do the work. I do have to say, though, that I find myself annoyed when discussions of women and careers inevitably bring up children. Not every woman has or even wants to have children. Kids are a separate issue and should not be automatically tied in to every issue relating to women and their work. I can't speak to politics, but I see very little bias against women in most workplaces. Sure, we're still outnumbered by men in many areas, but I blame that more on culture than on outright sexism or ...
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 10 hours ago
- Your feel good video of the weekend, with Reince and DWS Jazz Shaw 12 hours ago
- Noted internet gambling critic has interesting gaming history Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago
- 2014’s ‘Clinton Democrats’ crashing and burning Noah Rothman 15 hours ago
- The Democrats’ embarrassing attempt to blame Republican for Ebola collapses Noah Rothman 16 hours ago
- NFL Week 7 open thread Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago