This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
As a woman in a male-dominated profession (engineering), I can say that I've only encountered sexism once in my career. In high-tech fields, no one really cares that much about gender, color, religions, etc... The main concern is if you can do the work. I do have to say, though, that I find myself annoyed when discussions of women and careers inevitably bring up children. Not every woman has or even wants to have children. Kids are a separate issue and should not be automatically tied in to every issue relating to women and their work. I can't speak to politics, but I see very little bias against women in most workplaces. Sure, we're still outnumbered by men in many areas, but I blame that more on culture than on outright sexism or ...
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- John Roberts doesn’t believe either Scalia or Ginsburg could be confirmed today Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Publisher rips New York Times for snubbing David Limbaugh’s book Noah Rothman 11 hours ago
- How to lose a war before it begins Noah Rothman 12 hours ago
- Putin: I could have troops in Kiev… Warsaw and Bucharest Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- NFL Week 3 open thread Ed Morrissey 15 hours ago