This is not to say that I resent or disparage female accomplishment. I admire excellence wherever...
As a woman in a male-dominated profession (engineering), I can say that I've only encountered sexism once in my career. In high-tech fields, no one really cares that much about gender, color, religions, etc... The main concern is if you can do the work. I do have to say, though, that I find myself annoyed when discussions of women and careers inevitably bring up children. Not every woman has or even wants to have children. Kids are a separate issue and should not be automatically tied in to every issue relating to women and their work. I can't speak to politics, but I see very little bias against women in most workplaces. Sure, we're still outnumbered by men in many areas, but I blame that more on culture than on outright sexism or ...
I suppose I'm a bad woman -- by today's standards that is. For some reason, I take absolutely no pride in the accomplishments of women per se. I am utterly uninspired by first women astronauts or Secretaries of State. It is of no consequence to me what percentage of the United States Senate or House of Representatives shares my chromosomes. I don't wait with gnawing impatience for America to pass the milestone of needing a fellow to fill the post of First Gentleman.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- Video: Sharyl Attkisson wants to know where the illegal immigrant children have gone Jazz Shaw 5 hours ago
- Video: Cruz presser at AFP summit Ed Morrissey 6 hours ago
- Video: Pete Hegseth on VA scandal, ISIS threat at AFP’s Defending the Dream summit Ed Morrissey 8 hours ago
- California Dem moves to outlaw some civilian body armor Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Don’t count Rob Ford out just yet Jazz Shaw 11 hours ago