The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
This headline should read: Thanks, FDA. The Food Industry Isn't Like "The Jungle."
- Clapper to intel community: You’ve done great work … on ISIS Ed Morrissey 45 mins ago
- Cindy Sheehan: Let’s face it, some liberals support Obama’s wars because of reverse racism Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Neil deGrasse Tyson, C.P. Snow and the science vs. culture battle Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 4 hours ago