The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
This headline should read: Thanks, FDA. The Food Industry Isn't Like "The Jungle."
- White House to red-state Democrats: Don’t blame Precious if you lose Allahpundit 6 mins ago
- ISIS mortar shells now landing in Baghdad’s Green Zone Noah Rothman 47 mins ago
- SCOTUS to consider police searches of hotel registries Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Monica Lewinsky’s return is scaring Hillary’s backers Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: The only technology that Americans really wanted from the future will soon be real Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Obamacare users pitched for voter registration Jazz Shaw 3 hours ago