The proposed regulation would require store owners to label prepared, unpackaged foods found in salad bars and food bars, soups and bakery items. Erik Lieberman, regulatory counsel at the Food Marketing Institute, said testing foods for nutritional data will require either expensive software or even more costly off-site laboratory assessments.
Lieberman said failure to get it right comes with...
In response to:
This headline should read: Thanks, FDA. The Food Industry Isn't Like "The Jungle."
- Politico: Retirements the key to a GOP Senate win Ed Morrissey 12 mins ago
- Canadian, British leaders struggle with homegrown Islamic radicalism Noah Rothman 52 mins ago
- NYC doctor who recently treated Ebola patients rushed to hospital with 103-degree fever Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Revealed: ICE released some illegals charged with violent crimes — after telling Americans they hadn’t Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Latest viral video: Priests doing a dance-off in the Vatican* Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Arbiter orders NFL commissioner to testify in hearing on Rice appeal Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago