Cast your mind back to last summer, when virtually every Left-leaning politician and columnist in the country was denouncing House Republicans for "holding the country hostage" to their Tea Party demands, or whatever. Many, including the Vice President, ramped up the rhetoric by comparing the GOP to terrorists. At stake was whether Congress would secure dollar-for-dollar offsets to President Obama latest debt ceiling increase request. Democrats -- who at first insisted on a "clean" debt increase with no strings attached -- eventually demanded a deal that included huge tax increases. Republicans refused. Many painful machinations and meetings later,...
...THE Republicans should call their bluff. Even if they let the tax cuts expire, the GOP can easily pass new tax cuts and make 'em retroactive to January 1...
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- On notice: Mitch McConnell is ready to “crush” the Tea Party Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Noonan on latest ObamaCare delay: Is there even an ObamaCare law anymore? Erika Johnsen 9 hours ago
- Video: Gates sees defense cuts as showing a lack of seriousness by US Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago
- CPAC: Fred Thompson and Persecuted Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- WH: Hey, Obama golfing in Key Largo during this crisis is the same as if he were in DC, only warmer Jazz Shaw 13 hours ago