I believe, however—and I could be wrong—that the reason some rage against the machine is that they hate God and love their sin, and bringing up Jesus in...
No they don't. They say, "I may not know absolutely, but I believe and have faith." There is a huge difference. If I see a sign on the door of a business that makes the claim that there is beer inside, I may not know absolutely, but I am pretty sure it's in there. Having faith is making the conscious decision to believe in something beyond ourselves, greater than ourselves. Believing in a creator without "proof" other than the miracles we see every day is something that goes beyond science and the physical realm to let us know that the way we live our lives matters. The Bible is more than just a collection of stories, it is a map that shows us the way to conduct our lives for the maximum return in joy and satisfaction.
Why do some atheists embarrass themselves year after year trying to eradicate Christmas from American culture? Why do they make themselves societal hemorrhoids during this hallowed season? Is it because they are crusaders for equality, secularism’s saviors and humanism’s heroes? I’m sure that’s what they tell themselves when they’re pouting on their couches all alone on Christmas Eve after every single one of their friends has dumped them for being a rabid jackass.
- WaPo/ABC poll shows Obama underwater on Ukraine crisis, Russia Ed Morrissey 44 minutes ago
- Feinstein: CIA snooped on secure Congressional network Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Special election in FL-13 today: Jolly vs Sink Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Crimea parliament to declare independence after annexation referendum Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- CNN reports ObamaCare approval “rebounding” Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 12 hours ago