The government has no money of its own. The only way it can obtain money is to take it at gun point from its citizens (a la IRS) or to borrow it from foreign nations like China. The only thing the government produces is debt and misery. Left to itself, a country that has a capitalist philosophy and few regulations to bind its progress will produce jobs and prosperity. Why would Obama and his myrmidons want to "rule" a country drowning in debt with a slave population when they could preside over a country of prosperity and innovation? Beats me. I didn't vote for the bum.
My wife and I were driving to the Baltimore Washington Airport on the morning of September 11, 2001 when the news broke about planes being hijacked and intentionally crashed into iconic American buildings. I still have the airline tickets. Like millions of other travelers, we drove home, five days to Colorado under skies absent of contrails.
- Quote of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Big Labor: ObamaCare is making income inequality worse, you know Erika Johnsen 12 hours ago
- Reading 2.0: There’s an app for that Jazz Shaw 14 hours ago
- China draws its own “red line” …on North Korea Erika Johnsen 15 hours ago
- IRS to give up, release all Lerner e-mails, documents Jazz Shaw 17 hours ago
- Ukraine: Another 3 AM wake-up call going unheeded Ed Morrissey 18 hours ago