The government has no money of its own. The only way it can obtain money is to take it at gun point from its citizens (a la IRS) or to borrow it from foreign nations like China. The only thing the government produces is debt and misery. Left to itself, a country that has a capitalist philosophy and few regulations to bind its progress will produce jobs and prosperity. Why would Obama and his myrmidons want to "rule" a country drowning in debt with a slave population when they could preside over a country of prosperity and innovation? Beats me. I didn't vote for the bum.
My wife and I were driving to the Baltimore Washington Airport on the morning of September 11, 2001 when the news broke about planes being hijacked and intentionally crashed into iconic American buildings. I still have the airline tickets. Like millions of other travelers, we drove home, five days to Colorado under skies absent of contrails.
- Surge: Walker regains the lead in Wisconsin Guy Benson 42 mins ago
- Gallup: Americans trust in the media matches historic low Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s administration at war with itself over ISIS strategy Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Video: Biggest insurer in MN pulling out of state exchange Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- House passes bill authorizing Obama to train Syria’s “moderate” rebels, with most Republicans voting yes Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- John Kerry to Code Pink: If you care about women, you should want to fight ISIS Allahpundit 4 hours ago