The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
So...why not recognize a polygamist marriage?
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- A blessed and happy Easter Sunday to all Hot Air readers! Ed Morrissey 49 minutes ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- Advice to campaigning Democrats: Maybe avoid mentioning the term economic “recovery” Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- Western states debate retaking control of federal lands Jazz Shaw 7 hours ago
- Reflecting on Kelo nine years later Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago
- Video: Obama signs bill blocking Iranian UN envoy from entry Ed Morrissey 11 hours ago