The New York Times has a good infographic on the repercussions of potential opinions. The Prop 8...
So...why not recognize a polygamist marriage?
On Tuesday, the Supreme Court will hear oral arguments about the constitutionality of Proposition 8, the California ballot initiative that banned gay marriage in the state. On Wednesday, SCOTUS will hear arguments on the constitutionality of the Defense of Marriage Act, the Clinton-era law that barred same-sex couples from receiving federal benefits even in the case of legal state marriages. The Court's opinions on these cases, which will come down in June at the latest, will be landmark decisions no matter the outcome.
- Putin issues declaration recognizing independent Crimea Ed Morrissey 41 minutes ago
- Prager U: What should parents want their children to be? Ed Morrissey 56 minutes ago
- Ireland to Obama: You know what we’d like for St. Patrick’s Day? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- House/Senate showdown coming over unemployment benefits? Dustin Siggins 2 hours ago
- ABC: Democrats privately admit ObamaCare is “political poison” Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Would you care for some ObamaCare with your March Madness? Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago