It's official. Taxpayers are no longer simply helping the poor, they're subsidizing the lives of welfare recipients at a better rate than their own. The Senate Budget Committee has released a report showing households living below the poverty line and receiving welfare payments are raking in the equivalent of $168 per day in benefits which come in the form of food stamps, housing, childcare, healthcare and more. The median household income in 2011 was $50,054, totaling $137.13 per day. The worst part? Welfare payments are equivalent to making $30 per hour for 40 hours a week. The median wage for...
Check it out. I have personally been called a fool by people on welfare because I work everyday. The last time it happened the person and her family had been on welfare for the last 50 years. Check this out. The Pennsylvania welfare department is advising single women with 2 children that because of entitlements they are better off with a job that pays $29,000 per yr. than to take a job paying $69,000 per yr. This allows the government to take care of all of her domestic needs....food stamps, medicaid,, daycare,section 8 etc. while her job incomes is used for discretionary spending. Republicans, conservatives, people that go to work everyday cannot beat this at the ballot box.
- February jobs report – 175,000 jobs added, 6.7% unemployment Steve Eggleston 24 minutes ago
- CPAC: Cruz meets the bloggers; Update: CPAC speech added Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- New education plan: Take the “tricky vocabulary” out of the SAT exam Jazz Shaw 1 hour ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Rubio: Only one nation can stand up to the wave of totalitarianism Ed Morrissey 12 hours ago
- HHS: Why, no, we are not measuring the very metric ObamaCare was passed to improve Mary Katharine Ham 13 hours ago