That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
If taxes are so bad for the economy how is it that the rich keep getting richer and the poor get less and less for work? Something wrong somewhere.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Great news: VA overpaying misclassified workers by millions … and can’t fix it Ed Morrissey 22 minutes ago
- Obama aims to keep Democrats happy while he coasts to 2016 Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- WaPo: Is “the bear” loose … or is it an ostrich? Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Federal judge to IRS: Explain these “lost” e-mails, please … under oath Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: Losing Andrea Mitchell Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago