That's not to downplay the rise in marginal rates. It could cost hundreds of thousands of jobs over the next few years. More universally acknowledged by economists, however, is the economic harm that savings and investment taxes do. In the...
In response to:
If taxes are so bad for the economy how is it that the rich keep getting richer and the poor get less and less for work? Something wrong somewhere.
President Obama proposed tax hike contains a lot to dislike, but what hasn't gotten much attention is the tax hike on savings and investments. While the marginal income tax rate will rise from 35% to 39.6% for top income-earners and small business owners, the proposed tax hike on capital gains and dividends could cause the most long-term economic damage.
- Russia and others: testing the limits? Bruce McQuain 31 minutes ago
- Open thread: Obama to speak on Ukraine after imposing sanctions Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- National Journal: Hillary resets on Russia Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- US to give up control over Internet Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Flight 370 dropped to 5,000 feet to evade radar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Crimea declares independence, applies for Russian reunion Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago