So now Obama is warning of drastic cuts in food safety, air traffic control, police and fire protection -- in all sorts of services that will...
A decrease in an increase is not a cut, even a Democrat should be able to figure THAT out. As far as I'm concerned, they should cut spending on ALL departments of government by 10% and taxes by 5% every year for the next five years. This would bring spending down to 65.6% of what they are currently spending and we would be paying 77.3% of what we are paying now. The remainder should go to paying down the national debt until it's paid off then continue to cut taxes until it reaches half of today's tax rates.
There's no doubt President Obama is using the so-called Washington Monument maneuver in the fight with Republicans over sequestration budget cuts. It's a time-honored tactic of bureaucratic warfare: When faced with cuts, pick the best-known and most revered symbol of government and threaten to shut it down. Close the Washington Monument and say, "See? This is what happens when you cut the budget." Meanwhile, all sorts of other eminently cuttable government expenditures go untouched.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Video: Phoenix business owner foils bank robbery by waiting at get-away car with his gun Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Obama: Hey, all these red-state Democrats running away from me are strong supporters who vote with me! Mary Katharine Ham 7 hours ago
- “Walking Dead” grumble thread: The ultimate gross-out Allahpundit 7 hours ago
- Scary news from MoveOn: If Republicans win the Senate, they might use a dubious procedure known as “reconciliation” Allahpundit 9 hours ago
- Should a minority elect an executive? Maine edition Jazz Shaw 9 hours ago