What was it about the Dodge' commercial, "God Made a Farmer," that stirred the souls of so many Americans during the Superbowl? Maybe it was the imagery of the dirt and grit of real America, not the white-washed concrete meccas many of us call home. Maybe for just a moment we were unplugged from our instant and superficial world and taken back to a time when we were captivated by God's creation, not what our friends were doing on Facebook. Or maybe it was just the quintessential sound of American icon, the late Paul Harvey, whose voice wraps around you like...
The irony of the ad is that it used the idea of the small American farmer to promote vehicles made by a company now owned by an Italian conglomerate. As you think about it, it's at least funny-strange if not funny-ha-ha.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- Hmm: Tsarnaev sister arrested for alleged bomb threat Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Infographic of the day: Canada explains Russia and Not Russia to Putin Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FBI: Russians hackers attacked Wall Street after sanctions imposed Noah Rothman 7 hours ago
- Texas jury finds dad not guilty in mysterious shooting of drunk driver who killed his two sons Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Unidentified senator to Kirsten Gillibrand: “Don’t lose too much weight now. I like my girls chubby.” Allahpundit 8 hours ago