What's Wrong With the News

SolofTexas Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:23 AM
As Borat might phrase a reply ... "Very nice".

What's Wrong With the News

SolofTexas Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:22 AM
The PC crowd has forgotten what humor IS!

What's Wrong With the News

SolofTexas Wrote: Jul 28, 2013 11:20 AM
In this age of selfishness, management expects bottom-up loyalty. It is extremely rare for said managers to exhibit top-down loyalty. It's a significant contribution to the economic and moral mess we find ourselves in.

Eric Holder vs. Toilet Paper Holder

SolofTexas Wrote: Jul 22, 2013 11:35 PM
KT -- What is it about the majority of Minnesota voters who elect people like Dayon and Franken? I used to have the impression that Minnesota's government school system was relatively good compared with many other states, but these guys (Dayton and Franken) have left me entirely in doubt.

Rand Paul's Paleo Problem

SolofTexas Wrote: Jul 17, 2013 10:19 PM
I know a few people who know the Pauls, personally. I do not believe they have any legitimate racist bents based on the opinions of these folks - I believe them.
Mike -- There are so many 40+ engineers on the USA capable of contributing to the (global) economy that it is ridiculous. Potential labor or knowledge is not the issue. In electronics it would be likened to "resistance". Our government through its tax codes and our neglectful capitalist(?) corporations have acceded to the statist belief that short-term thinking and profit (the means of measurement) are the only concepts worth consideration. This is a huge resistive barrier to the flow of potential. I once scoffed at a now dead CEO of an electronics company that by extension of reasoning he should consider converting the corporation into one that merely finances credit cards. It was sarcasm. He seemed to seriously consider that. And he is now dead and with little legacy as he failed to grow the company due to his lack of foresight and squandering of the human potential he had at his disposal. I am dubious that we learn from our mistakes.
You speak solely to applied mathematics yet there is a place for pure mathematics. There is always a problem with employment when people and organizations do not understand problems and the skills that are needed to be brought to address a problem domain. Our cultural and economic problems stem not so much from innate issues bu rather from human ability to model issues effectively. There is such a preponderance of groupthink and short-term consideration that it has limited the (American) psyche of its God given right to innovation. Overthrow the federal and (most) state's income tax codes and you will see astonishing consequences. You seem happy with status quo?
Sehr Gut! Und Gott segne Sie The government schools have ot all wrong and until that monopoly is destroyed expect no change in the decline of our civilization, We under value skilled trades in favor of limited practical skills. I have been saying that skilled labor needs to be respected for nearly 30 years - no one hears me. BTW - I am one of those "design engineers" and I recognize your value! (from an Italian-American hillbilly) Again ... Gott segne Sie!

20 Reasons I Detest The Government

SolofTexas Wrote: Jun 22, 2013 8:51 AM
justme -- The truly sad aspect of this article is that the author has focused on the Federal government. This is true also at the state and local level. "et diligamus nos omnia vivunt corruptionem"

20 Reasons I Detest The Government

SolofTexas Wrote: Jun 22, 2013 8:45 AM
r27 -- Yup, I think he is unreasonably insulting prison convicts when comparing them to government at any level.
KT -- Well stated!