I think it's telling that the Nobel Laureate cited in the article offers no definitive examples of any harm coming from these foods. All we get out of this is basically, "We don't know what might happen." If someone - anyone - can offer up a peer-reviewed scientific study that demonstrates any harmful effects from GM foods, I might take this business seriously. Until that happens, I think we ought to look at the actual benefits of these foods, such as increased yield disease-resistant crops for the benefit of a number of third world countries desperately in need of local food supplies.
- Snowden: I asked Putin that softball question on surveillance to start a public debate in Russia Allahpundit 29 minutes ago
- The Obama admin is delaying the Keystone XL review process through the election. Yes, again. Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rubio on immigration: I think Republicans have reached a point of “irreconcilable differences” with Obama Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Report: Energy production on federal lands is still declining Erika Johnsen 3 hours ago
- Maybe Democrats should be more worried about their own billionaire allies Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- Boehner reassures GOP donors: I’m “hellbent” on passing immigration reform this year Allahpundit 5 hours ago