This might have been a more effective column had Ms. Schlafly been specific as to which features of which bills she found objectionable. The column headline references the House bill(s); but the opening paragraphs criticize the Senate bill. She then posits that the House bills are just as bad, but supports her argument with what appear to be references (once again) to the Senate version. I'm not in disagreement with most of her points, but it would be helpful if we knew which bills she was talking about. I'm sure there must be some positive features in some of the proposals being worked up in the House - how about an honest debate over the merits or flaws of each?
- Biden to women’s conference: I miss Republicans like Bob Packwood Ed Morrissey 21 mins ago
- Bob Beckel: Get ready for an October surprise, Republicans Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Cardinals clash over divorce, communion ahead of Vatican synod Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Josh Earnest: Ignore Obama’s military critics because they served under Bush Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Jobs plan from WI gubernatorial candidate looks mighty … familiar Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Exonerated, Chris Christie taunts the press by embracing Roger Goodell Noah Rothman 3 hours ago