This might have been a more effective column had Ms. Schlafly been specific as to which features of which bills she found objectionable. The column headline references the House bill(s); but the opening paragraphs criticize the Senate bill. She then posits that the House bills are just as bad, but supports her argument with what appear to be references (once again) to the Senate version. I'm not in disagreement with most of her points, but it would be helpful if we knew which bills she was talking about. I'm sure there must be some positive features in some of the proposals being worked up in the House - how about an honest debate over the merits or flaws of each?
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014