This might have been a more effective column had Ms. Schlafly been specific as to which features of which bills she found objectionable. The column headline references the House bill(s); but the opening paragraphs criticize the Senate bill. She then posits that the House bills are just as bad, but supports her argument with what appear to be references (once again) to the Senate version. I'm not in disagreement with most of her points, but it would be helpful if we knew which bills she was talking about. I'm sure there must be some positive features in some of the proposals being worked up in the House - how about an honest debate over the merits or flaws of each?
- MSNBC host: These calls for Obama’s impeachment are “treasonous accusations” Allahpundit 33 minutes ago
- Report: ISIS just seized a bunch of uranium in Iraq Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Germany expels US embassy official over spying row Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- Obama’s pathetic border crisis blame shifting Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Israel escalates offensive in Gaza, Hamas rocket commander killed Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Video: Hot Air interview with Marco Rubio on border crisis, Hobby Lobby Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago