If your quotes are correct, we'd have to give a zero to both Maddow and Boehner. The Constitution does indeed have a preamble. However, the phrase, "We hold these truths to be self-evident" comes from the Declaration of Independence.
Unabashed, sneering, surreal lefty propaganda isn't selling. America's least-watched "major" cable "news" network has continued its ratings slide this summer, falling off a cliff within the key 25-54 demographic. I put "news" in scare quotes because MSNBC is not a news outfit, by its own president's admission, and according to empirical independent studies. The network's numbers are
- New solution to border crisis: Send U.S. officials to Honduras to give kids refugee status? Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Boehner accuses White House of sabotaging Veterans Affairs bill Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014
- NFL suspends Ray Rice for two games in domestic-assault case Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- Great news from Hillary: The Russian reset worked Allahpundit Jul 24, 2014
- Thursday TEMS: Duane Patterson, Daniel Garza, Mike McFadden Ed Morrissey Jul 24, 2014
- FEC Chairman sounds alarm to Hot Air: There’s a ‘move afoot to constrict press freedoms’ Noah Rothman Jul 24, 2014