Here We Go: Ted Cruz Revs 2016 Engine

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:54 PM
Kasich cut taxes in Ohio, balanced the budget, (he has to in Ohio) at both the state and federal level. He is the farthest thing from a big spender.

Here We Go: Ted Cruz Revs 2016 Engine

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:47 PM
If Kasich is a statist, Then so is Reagan. I know of no substantive difference between them on any issue. Kasich came into office under Reagan and knew him better than anyone running for office and much better than anyone posting on this site. He is a Reaganite.

Here We Go: Ted Cruz Revs 2016 Engine

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:43 PM
I thought the Dem's picked Columbus. Or did I hear that wrong?

Here We Go: Ted Cruz Revs 2016 Engine

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 4:35 PM
These articles never mention Ohio Gov John Kasich who is, in my opinion (as Buckley would say) "the most conservative and electable candidate" for President out there. He is the closest thing we have seen to Reagan since Reagan. He is a 2-time governor who won big in a key battleground state, a proven winner with great communication and media skills (had his own show on Fox), great political skills and conservatism in his gut akin to Reagan. In addition he is a Bible-believing Christian (think Bush 43) that will excite the evangelical base that stayed home for Romney. He also was the budget committee chairman during the Clinton Presidency ...the guy the actually balanced the budget that Hillary will be taking credit for...and understands conservative economics like no one else. He has Reagan's optimism, doesn't start out with the high negatives of Ted Cruz (who I also like) and would wipe the floor with Hillary in a debate. Both political conventions will be in Ohio in 2016 and Kasich is, in my opinion, by far, our best candidate out there. He is currently traveling the country pushing for a Balanced Budget Amendment to the US Constitution and should be included in every conversation about potential presidential candidates. If you win Ohio you win the Presidency.

A 2020 Vision

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 02, 2015 5:29 PM
ericy, I am inferring from his above posts, (and he can correct me if I'm wrong here) that M-J's No. 1 issue is "a return to Constitutional Orthodoxy" ... or something similar. ...and hey...that's cool...I'm definitely down with that....("down" meaning good)... as long as we are including all or at least most of the Amendments like the 13th outlawing slavery which I am pretty sure M-J would agree with based on his emphasis on people's "RIGHTS" (all caps) in an above post.

A 2020 Vision

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 02, 2015 4:43 PM
M-J, Actually I was still looking for a difference between Reagan and Kasich. But I do share your concern re. our drift away from the Constitution. If we are going to actually implement change 9i.e. a move back toward the Constitution) as opposed to just making this an ideological exercise of shouting to the gods, then I would submit to you that it will have to be accomplished through a political process (i.e. political parties, wings and elections), unless you are advocating a violent revolution.

A 2020 Vision

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 02, 2015 4:16 PM
Should I take your non-response to mean you can't name even one difference? Do you think Reagan would have opposed Common Core? (I admit that I am not that familiar with Common Core other than some liberal teachers I know that are vehemently opposed to it. I don't really have a strong opinion on it one way or the other.) I fear that Reagan and William F. Buckley may both have been considered "Statists" in your wing of the Republican Party.

A 2020 Vision

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 02, 2015 4:02 PM
Not True. He is the reason the budget was "theoretically" balanced during the Clinton years. Name one substantive policy or ideological difference between John Kasich and Ronald Reagan...or are you one of those that believe Reagan was a Statist too.

A 2020 Vision

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 02, 2015 1:36 PM
John Kasich is that "happy warrior". Closest thing I have seen to Reagan ...since Reagan. The executive experience as two term governor of a key swing state of Ohio, speaking ability, experience in/with the media, political smarts, passion, character, and conservatism in his gut. Ohio will be hosting both political conventions in 2016. He just won in November by 61% to 32% of Ohio votes. Like Bush 43 he is an unapologetic Bible-believing Christian who will excite the GOP evangelical base. As a fiscal hawk and House Budget Chairman in the 1990's , Kasich can rightfully claim credit for the Clinton economy that Hillary will inevitably be running on. He knows the real history of the Clinton years and would crush Hillary in any debate and most importantly would carry Ohio by a large margin ... and if you win Ohio you win the White House.

Gary Becker (1930-2014)

Sockpuppet Wrote: May 06, 2014 1:09 PM
I thought heard Hewitt say he worked for PBS at one time...and I think he did a documentary for them. If not, Dinesh D'Souza knows how to produce a good documentary.

Gary Becker (1930-2014)

Sockpuppet Wrote: May 06, 2014 9:20 AM
I wonder if Drs. Sowell, Williams and other of Friedman's protégés would ever consider doing a modern re-make of Friedman's "Free to Choose" PBS series. We live in a society where economic myths are propagated freely through the media and ignorance of basic economic principles is profound. Doesn't Hugh Hewitt have some production experience with PBS?