Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 6:01 PM
OK Opti and MJ, I challenge you to name a single issue or policy that Kasich disagrees with or would do anything different than Reagan. Kasich is a Reagan Republican. Or admit that you believe Reagan was a "closet socialist" or a "statist". Kasich is the only person alive that has actual experience passing and balancing a federal budget while cutting taxes. He is currently traveling the country trying to organize other states to call for a Constitutional convention to pass a balanced budget amendment. Stop calling him a statist or a closet socialist ...it is absurd. You don't know what you're talking about. Do you guys want to win or do you want President Hillary?

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 2:47 PM
Using the Buckley standard: "the most conservative candidate that can win" ... and for the GOP winning means winning Ohio and Florida ...I argue that Kasich is the most likely conservative to move those states from blue to red.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 2:14 PM
I like Perry also and think he would make a great Pres. But I think Kasich is more likely to bring some blue states into the red column. Republicans are going to win Texas regardless. We NEED to win Ohio.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 2:11 PM
Again, what other "Statists" do you know that have balanced Federal and state budgets while cutting taxes? Answer = zero. ...and Reagan did expand Medicare.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 1:52 PM
I think Walker, Jindall and Cruz would all make great presidents but Kasich would do much better in a national campaign against Hillary.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 1:50 PM
There is no state exchange in Ohio MJ. Kasich opposed Obamacare. You're probably referring to Kasich's state expansion of Medicare, which I'll admit I am not crazy about but if you know the details it's understandable...and oh yeah Reagan expanded medicare 3 times I believe. He is a Reaganite at his core...not a libertarian...a Reaganite. I'll take another Reagan thank you.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 1:40 PM
If Kasich is a Statist than so was Reagan. You don't balance a Federal budget and a state budget while cutting taxes as a statist.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 1:37 PM
Kasich ... closest thing to Reagan, since Reagan in my opinion.

Early Presidential Prospects

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 21, 2015 1:28 PM
John Kasich is the dark horse in this race. No one talks about him. He has all of Walker's strengths in addition he is a better more passionate communicator in my opinion than Walker or Jindal (both of whom I like), and had his own TV show on Fox for a while, has actually balanced a Federal (he was finance chair in congress under Gingrich during Clinton Pres.) and major State budget while cutting taxes...he actually balanced the budget that Hillary will be trying to take credit for. A bible-believing Christian who (like Bush 43) will excite the evangelical base. He would mop the floor with Hillary in a debate and He has won Ohio BIG twice and if you win Ohio you win the Presidency. Ohio will be hosting the GOP (Cleveland) and possibly Dem convention (Columbus). He is a conservative Reaganite in his gut. He may be the only candidate running that actually knew Reagan personally.

Here We Go: Ted Cruz Revs 2016 Engine

Sockpuppet Wrote: Jan 20, 2015 5:54 PM
Kasich cut taxes in Ohio, balanced the budget, (he has to in Ohio) at both the state and federal level. He is the farthest thing from a big spender.