It’s no secret that higher education costs are skyrocketing (the average price tag for one year at a private university in 2011 was about $33,000), while at the same time graduates are finding it increasingly harder to find decent paying jobs -- or a job, for that matter. Sure, the unemployment rate among college graduates is substantially lower than, say, the national average, but is it really worth spending four years in college accumulating hundreds of thousands of dollars in student loan debt only to face diminishing job prospects upon graduation? Perhaps it is. But the good news is that...
I sure hope that the guy that designed the plane that I flew in over the Pacific last week had an engineering degree from an accredited engineering school.
- Christie: I am certainly unimpressed with Obama’s leadership on ISIS Ed Morrissey 42 mins ago
- Secret Service missed an armed ex-con … in elevator … with President Ed Morrissey 1 hour ago
- NY Gov candidate deploys new version of “Daisy” ad Jazz Shaw 2 hours ago
- WaPo/ABC poll shows 50% support Obama’s handling of ISIS now Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 11 hours ago
- Video: “The Newsroom” final season invites you to relive hackneyed debates of 2013 Mary Katharine Ham 12 hours ago