There's nothing intellectually challenging or unusual about poverty. For most of mankind's existence, his most optimistic scenario was to be able to eke out enough to subsist...
Please cite the sources of the information you use in your response. It appears to be a typical libtard comment containing glittering generalities ("here ARE a great many genuinely poor people in America who live lives that are anything but filled with the kinds of luxuries Williams describes .") with no substantiating data. Dr. Williams is a scholar, and he cites sources in his article. Obviously you are not familiar with scholarly research or writing. Just return to the "feel good" liberal websites where facts are scarce.
Here's a recent statement frequently suggested by leftist academics, think tank researchers and policymakers: "People were not just struggling because of their personal deficiencies. There were structural factors at play. People weren't poor because they made bad decisions. They were poor because our society creates poverty." Who made that statement and where it was made is not important at all, but its corrosive effects on the minds of black people, particularly black youths, are devastating.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- EPA exonerates Christie administration in obscure bridge-related offense someone made up Mary Katharine Ham 4 hours ago
- California energy companies are getting the heck outta’ dodge and moving to Texas Erika Johnsen 5 hours ago
- CNN poll: 58% oppose abortion in most or all cases Ed Morrissey 5 hours ago
- Video: Rand Paul’s very libertarian speech at CPAC Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- RNC Chairman talks tactics, the GOP’s technological gap, and how the March for Life “was a little bit of a wake-up call” Dustin Siggins 7 hours ago