My freshman year of college, the first left wing college teacher that I encountered was in English 101. She had posted an A as my mid term grade. Then, a class paper on the upcoming Presidential election, in which I naively advocated for the Republican candidate, resulted in a grade of F. Even worse, when she returned the paper during class, she verbally attacked me for my opinion. I eked out a C in the course. In subsequent semesters of English, I earned an A and two B's. BTW, that happened in the Fall of 1952, the candidates were Eisenhower and Stevenson. Nothing new about liberal bias in Academe.
Liberalism is like a restaurant with ugly decor, terrible food, overflowing toilets and roaches scurrying across the floor -- that stays packed every night. Sure, liberals may be sanctimonious, mean spirited and advocate policies that don't work, but you can't help but admire the excellence of their public relations network. They can laud themselves for courage because they take a stand everyone they know agrees with, pat themselves on the back for their compassion as they maliciously insult someone that disagrees with them and congratulate themselves for their charitable behavior as they give other people's money away. Liberal mythology is one...
- Jubilation: Israel and Syria trade fire as Islamists seize territory along tense border Noah Rothman 39 mins ago
- Putin is invading Ukraine, and he is winning Noah Rothman 1 hour ago
- Obama’s new power grab: A climate change treaty without Senate ratification Allahpundit 2 hour ago
- Two legal guests tell CNN their Brown shooting audio might be a hoax Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- What’s the matter with Kansas? Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago
- Trouble in Paradise: NY Times won’t endorse Andrew Cuomo’s reelection bid Noah Rothman 4 hours ago