HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Jay Carney leaving the White House? Allahpundit 18 minutes ago
- Ramirez on Attkisson’s departure Ed Morrissey 28 minutes ago
- Here we go: Obama now reviewing deportation policy after pressure from immigration activists Allahpundit 59 minutes ago
- House Democrats: We can’t build Keystone XL ’cause we need to keep 80 percent of our resources below ground Erika Johnsen 1 hour ago
- Rand Paul: Republicans must agree to disagree on social issues in order to grow the party Allahpundit 2 hours ago
- Video: Small-business employees locked out of Covered California health care Ed Morrissey 2 hours ago