HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Chuck Schumer: What say we have fully open primaries from now on? Allahpundit 28 minutes ago
- Univision anchor: No government should be in the business of deporting children Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- Florida dad who beat son’s alleged molester to a pulp: I went to get a butcher knife to finish him off Allahpundit 1 hour ago
- ISIS Update: Sophisticated strategic advance puts Baghdad in the crosshairs Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Ways and Means Committee: We’ve learned that Lois Lerner’s hard drive was scratched — but data was recoverable Allahpundit 3 hours ago
- The value in silence: disconnection and recollection Ed Morrissey 3 hours ago