HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Hensarling: It’s time to end the Ex-Im Bank Ed Morrissey 18 mins ago
- Got room for one more crisis? In Pakistan, protesters threaten government’s stability Noah Rothman 2 hours ago
- Engel: Military officials “apoplectic” over Obama’s “no-strategy” comment Ed Morrissey 4 hours ago
- The Democratic revolt continues: Key senator calls for Obama to arm Ukraine Noah Rothman 6 hours ago
- Nearly two years after Benghazi, American embassy in Libya’s capital falls to Islamists Noah Rothman 8 hours ago
- “We need a national conversation…” Jazz Shaw 10 hours ago