HABEEB: The fact is, it’s easier to sell a political narrative to America when it comports with the cultural narrative we see and hear every day.
“The universe is made up of stories, not atoms,” the poet Mariel Rukeyser once said. Stories, not facts, are the way people process information. Screenplays, plays, scripts, and stories are packed not with hard data but something more powerful and human: emotional data. That’s why we remember stories long after we’ve forgotten facts. Stories stir our souls.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 4 hours ago
- In Illinois and California, public servants skate in police abuse cases Mary Katharine Ham 5 hours ago
- Will Utah be ground zero for nationwide gay marriage? Noah Rothman 5 hours ago
- Virginia cops hoping to bust teen for child pornography by, er, taking photos of his erect penis Allahpundit 6 hours ago
- NYT: Chelsea Clinton gets $75K per speech Ed Morrissey 7 hours ago
- Ted Cruz declines to follow Palin’s lead in calling for Obama’s impeachment Allahpundit 7 hours ago