Obama's massive negative TV advertising rather successfully branded Romney and the Republican Party as rich guys who can't empathize with ordinary hard-working Americans. In fact, Obama grew up enjoying a pampered lifestyle attending elite schools and colleges and now is rich, too, with his wealth and lifestyle coming from...
The Republican Party needs to decide which faction is its defining voice. As I see it you have: 1. The Social Conservatives 2. The Small government Libertarians 3. The Pro Corporate folks Looking at entitlements - the socially-conservative, Christian people should be for structured help to the poor while that is against the libertarians and corporates. Drug legalization rejected by the social conservatives SHOULD be championed by the libertarians. Government contracts for infrastructure and military supports the corporatists but should be rejected by the other two. Gay marriage SHOULD be supported by Libertarians even though it is against the wishes of the Christians. The Republican party needs to sort out what their defining angle is.
Dozens of explanations have been offered by people who think they are savvy about politics to explain why Mitt Romney lost and Barack Obama was reelected despite his many unlawful actions and the high unemployment figures. I toss into the mix my view that the two major political parties need rebranding.
- Quotes of the day Allahpundit 5 hours ago
- GAO to audit Oregon’s failed ObamaCare exchange site Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- Video: Chris Matthews attempts a do-over during his live show Mary Katharine Ham 6 hours ago
- FL-13 special election: Jolly wins! Erika Johnsen 7 hours ago
- Finally: “Frozen,” the honest trailer Allahpundit 8 hours ago
- Union leaders: Man, this Keystone XL decision just “reeks of politics” Erika Johnsen 8 hours ago